33rd Salon d'Automne: Call for Submissions
The Sursock Museum is now accepting applications for the 33rd Salon d’Automne, an open call exhibition taking place regularly at the Sursock Museum since its opening in 1961. The exhibition showcases recent work by both emerging and more established artists.
The call is open to artists working across all media living or working in Lebanon, regardless of their nationality. The application deadline is 25 June 2018. Submissions will be reviewed and selected for exhibition by an external jury, composed of prominent figures in the arts and cultural sphere.
The exhibition will take place from 25 October 2018 to 14 January 2019.
Applications must be filled in and sent electronically.
You can access the application form here.
If you need help filling the application, you can call the Sursock Museum and request an appointment for assistance. Appointments are available on Thursdays from 13:00 to 21:00 and Saturdays from 13:00 to 18:00.
Please read on for more information on eligibility and submission guidelines.
Up to two works per artist may be submitted. Works in all media are accepted, but they must have been produced during or after the year 2017.
- Artists working collaboratively are eligible to apply, as long as they fulfill the criteria above.
- Artists from all nationalities are eligible to apply, but they must live or work in Lebanon.
The deadline for submitting applications is 25 June 2018 at midnight, Beirut time (GMT+3).
Submitted works: visual documentation
Please bear in mind that the judging panel will be making their selection from the visual material submitted.
- Only work(s) produced during or after the year 2017 will be considered.
- Images of your submitted work(s) should be uploaded online, and the links pasted in the relevant field in the application form. You may upload them to your personal Dropbox folder or WeTransfer. If you choose the latter, make sure you opt for the “Send as link” rather than the “Send as email” option, and paste the link in the relevant field in the application form. All images should be JPEG in RGB mode, with a maximum file size of 5MB. No other formats will be accepted.
- You may upload a maximum of 10 images in total, whether you’re submitting one or two works for consideration. Please remember to name any uploaded images of works by Surname, First Name_Work Title, and a number from 1-10. For example: Sursock, Nicolas_Untitled 01.jpg. This number should correspond with the image information on your electronic application form.
- If your submitted work or documentation involves moving image or sound, please upload it to YouTube or Vimeo and paste links in the relevant fields in the application form.
Applicants must supply a 500-word artist statement and upload a one page A4 portfolio/artist CV. Alternatively, you may also submit a statement that someone else has written on your behalf, or a newspaper/press article that has been written about your article. Please do not send additional catalogues, photographic, or other material in support of your application to the Museum, as it cannot be reviewed by the selectors. It is also not possible to return any such materials to you.
Confirmation of receipt of application material
You will receive an email confirmation that your application has been received.
Notification of the jury’s decision
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted before the end of August 2018 and asked to bring their work to the Museum for final evaluation by the jury.
Both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified of the jury’s decision in September 2018.
For all enquiries, please email email@example.com or call +961 1 202 001.